Tuesday, April 8, 2008




Now that this year's Adventure Quest is over, I have gotten a crazy thought, which is to join the Open category and race the full distance next year. I'll first treat this as an irrational idea and try and recall the pain from running the relay 2 years ago.

I'm still amused by my own cleverness when I was leading the our team of four out of Changi Village and into home territory, Pasir Ris. We made through Tampines and were in the lead (we got up from 4th place) until we came to the Archery station and was stalled there by the station master. I'm still quite pleased with how I kept the team together.
Pardon my lack of discretionary humility.

It didn't really upset me that we didn't earn a placing in the final results then, but I do know the disappointment that my dear Boys are suffering from now.
Like I told all of you on Saturday, bottle up this feeling and use this indignance to power your new attempt at next year's race. This will add to your motivation to go harder then.
I'm pleasantly surprised that each of you have so much strong feeling for this whole affair, and I'm impressed by your strong devotion.
Infect your juniors with this also, and we'll see about next year.

It took 14th many years to attain the Silver Cup in 2007, and it'll be a cumulative effort again, and it's already begun.
Channel your indignance into forceful action.

I decided that I need my weekly run to Changi Village. I need the tan, the discomfort and the burn. Will see about that.

The POP/Enrolment Service parade on Sunday has somewhat unsettled my 'designs' on the two days that are left to us at the end of each week.

I remain hopeful that Thursday will work out nicely and so will the Class BBQ on Friday. Need exhilarating fun like the T-C-S (talk-cock-session) us men had in the library yesterday. Do not undermine the levels of rubbish males suffering from severe boredom can produce. It is NC-16 and definitely hilarious.

I feel the coming of a huge bout of sickness, and I've been staving it off with some positive thinking-positive thinking is powerful-and also counting on the credit I built by eating nicely and working out. This is the longest that I've not fallen ill. Since November, I think. I blame the rigours of this hard slog that is our education (or indoctrination).

I'm rather okay with the way these two days have been, and I reckon more doses of eyecandy, more hard pounding in the gym and on the road, friends and fun (the two are often synonymous); pleasant study and good-old muscle soreness would make my life almost ideal. Almost.

I need to go back to feeding my faith and to grow.

That's the chief thing I've been averting and I should pay attention to the subtle nudges that my God's been giving me instead of skulking away and wishing everything away.

Escapism is cowardly.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the mood-lift from a single smile; the Korean music in my ears, Derek's quaint sense of humour and some more.
Derek's being a darling and a close buddy. I will not stress him by calling him my best friend. A best friend is a really weighty label and everybody's measure is a bit different. But I'd like to tell Derek that he's entered my closest quarters.

Crystal amused me today by laughing at me when I reveled in the afterglow of a sweet girl's brief attention. But she also asked what does it mean if a guy smiles to himself after talking with a girl. The guy is definitely pleased with himself, and he probably likes the girl.

The effect of a girl:
If a girl you are fond of calls, the previously sleeping you will jolt wide awake.
If she so much as smiles at you or gestures, you will melt inside and spasm occasionally in celebration.

It is however not wise to let yourself drift off with the thought of bliss with a sweet lady solely because you are beginning to feel strongly for her. This is probably primal attraction and a real thing between a couple is based on much much more.

To my dearest Andrew, it takes a whole lot of will and plenty of distractions to forget a girl. If you're bent on getting there, then I'll be your distraction. I'm definitely sexy enough.

I love my Boys and the wild times we still can have together.



finis

No comments: