Saturday, April 26, 2008

I've actually forgotten how shitty it feels when you get sick.
It's been probably more than 6 months since I got quite ill, and I attribute this record to my workouts and good eating. No matter how big a man or strong are you, illness will run you over like any other common man and leave you frail and pitiful.
Throat, nose and headache gnaw at me. The illness has already graduated into a temperature, which is not simply only my oozing sexuality, but also a medical fever. And the throb kept away by paracetemol is finding its way back to the knob at the base of my skull. Saying it like that makes me think of a skeleton. Skull-skeleton, unappealing. Totally unlike me.

Anyway, Friday has its blend of ups and downs. I was very apprehensive about NAPFA early in the week and was pretty much worried about my performance and the elusive GOLD that I'd never been able to get, even in primary school. I was always the last in my 1.6 then, because I was fat and also those people who were slower than me had the sense and spunk not to turn up.

I came out to run on Tuesday to try and assauge the doubts that the weakling in me dreamed up. As a result, I got overzealous and twisted my ankle. The rest of the week had me fret about my recovery and reduced the anxieties about the testing.
I think I surprised people and also myself with my 2.4 km run. It was the bit that fazed me. I was running on adrenaline and also 2 bananas from an hour ago, and I took off in the front when we started. Passing the first guy and also leading the group during the run was a mega boost, and it kept me at what I was doing.

The first round was over so quickly and then the next few rounds too! The time was 1:21 when I finished round 1, and 3:00 odd when it was lap 2. By round 5 Jay was next to me and after that, he went ahead to take his place at the front. I followed his sprint and ended up 2 seconds after him with 9:46.
A strong start will ensure a strong finish. By the time your run is near the end, you won't make up for the seconds that you lost; you have to carve out those seconds in the beginning.

I'm rather pleased with the run, though I speculate that the exertion has made me more susceptible to illness. I worry that the bout of unwell-ness will sap time away from what I plan to do with my weekend.
I found this picture while me and Derek were in the computer lab early in the week.
Chaste kisses are the most romantic kisses, I say.

Derek and I had another intimate session at White Sands food court yesterday where our conversation topics were broad and definitely will remain undisclosed.
He's been egging me on to make a move, but if I do so, things will change and I'm not a big fan of change. I need more affirmation. Not just from Derek, this time.
He did cause me to mull over the people and things I would miss in time, and also what do we do with the remaining time we are left with.
Pause for solemn thinking. I was jolted by the sudden realization that I miss her voice and talking to her over the phone last night. I've quas
hed the fleeting feeling.
By the way:
Friends, do not try to invoke a response from a woman by trying to make her all green-eyed with jealousy. Women like to think themselves big hearted and magnanimous, so you won't get the angry reaction you're after.


finis

No comments: