Wednesday, May 21, 2008



Soccer Final today was exceedingly satisfying. It provided an opportunity for us men to misbehave and become serious loud bastards, and also gave us some ammunition to diss VJC people. We won 2-1, which fulfilled Derek's prediction, and thwarted my expectation of a harder-fought 3-2 victory, still in favour of my college.







But hey, I gave the VJC team a little more credit because I presumed that the final would be a ferocious affair reminiscent of the 1999 Manchester United-Bayern Munich Champions League final. Nearly 10 years later, Manchester United is in the finals again. I think that history would motivate them to win and I am in the same composure like in the afternoon before MJC vs VJC, that my team would be hoisting up a shining silver trophy.



But I was talking about the localized affair today, wasn't I?
I got to meet some old friends like Xian Zheng and Sherwin, and I exposed my bicep, Billy to the both of them. Song Leng has come a long way from being paunchy.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Xian Zheng reads my blog. I'm very flattered and I do hope that my blog does amuse and appeal to him. He is an excellent chap and an excellent monitor. This means that I have extensive blog readership? Interesting.
And I've given Sherwin something to cringe about for most of June. Haven't seen her in a while either. Pity I didn't meet more people.

That's it for the soccer final. MJC won 2-1, and the second goal was fantastic and a third almost happened. I'm still reeling from the picturesque conclusion to the soccer season.

It's May now, and I looked back at last year to see what was I up to at this time.
I had only begun to train in the gym properly due to guidance from my cousin and also we had an end of term celebration by watching Pirates of the Carribbean 3 as a school.

Heady happy days.
Don't think I can return to days like those.
The Mid-Years are 4 weeks ahead, and I think it is time we start passing, according to esteemed House Captain Jeremy.

With these 4 weeks, I can make it work for me by:

1) Completing the work that I owe (psychologically) in the form of overdue assignments and neglected tutorials.

2) Start doing math regularly (daily).

3) Study more than 1 topic for Biology this examination.

4) Get serious muscle and earn a decent tan by running regularly under the scorching sun.

I rarely finish what I set out to do, but there's always room for a first and also optimism.
Blinding optimism, that's what.

Tomorrow's activities isn't very appealing. I ardently hope I can either hit the weights, or run. I need them. But for now, I need restive sleep.
Sleep is super important. I am in favour of ditching everything and heading to bed.

While saying goodbye, who is 'my sugar plum'? I'm not really sure, even though I have ideas. Please tell me, girl. I don't like guessing.

finis

No comments: