Monday, May 19, 2008

I haven't had my weekend.
I haven't done my work.
I haven't watched any television.
It will be bedtime soon and the weekend is ending.
I have to see Wang tomorrow for my act of mischief in the lab.

I think that the above is a really dark combination that promises that my Tuesday will be barely tolerable. Funny how we wake up and not go to school and can still suffer from Monday's Blues.
But, I seek to balance it with the better things that happened from Friday til Monday.

Here they are:

After a difficult time at NTU stuck in a lousy role and working with extremely silly people, I came home on Friday to a few sweet fights in the dojo with several people. Roughed them up a bit. But my ribs hurt from Jason's sharp jabs. So I understood how Hakim felt in a small way.

Saturday morning had me plenty amused by Derek and after extended bouts of hunger and hanging with really unintelligent members of the human race , we finally got away from the Pre-U Seminar business for that day and headed to Wan Chai to have our lunch. It was really good tasting. I like beef a lot now, I guess.

Sunday was rather fun and more amusing than the previous year's competition because of the crowd and of course the name synonymous with fun and crazy, Song Leng. Met Ahmad, who was at TPJC with me for the PAE period; jostled with my partners and also Dennis, Alvin and Wai Leong and John, Bing Ran and somebody called Chee Kuan and many others.

Derived amusement from the prize presentation bit on the mat, where I named my trophy 'William' (or you can call him Bill). I felt rather expressive at that mildly frustrating moment where we watched the main prizes go over to the other colleges while the colours of trophies coming over to our side were dull coloured. Was unhappy that I was not getting to train that I did a 150 push-up in sets of 25.

Woke up today and got to the gym with Hakim and hit the weights to temper the days spent not getting out to run or doing some quick lifting. The gym got really crowded, which really irked me.
Some non-smart people were at it for probably 3 hours. If your workout stretches to about 3 hours, it is both too easy and time wasting. Your body's response to stress would already have been different.
Have gotten stronger in almost all of the bits I was working on. A mood-boosting bit that made me quite happy.
I've been hearing that I've gotten bigger now. Really?
Please verify this, because negative/positive feedback is crucial in maintaining a stable internal environment.

I have to turn and rightly look at the hordes of work that are waiting for me. Blogging is an escape I take to stall looking at the unsightly things that I am required to do. Perhaps I can convince myself that it will do me a lot of good.

Will have to push and do something unpleasant and difficult.

My taste, apart from beef:

'Misery Business', Paramore
'Maybe', Secondhand Serenade
'Your Call', Secondhand Serenade
'Fall for You', Secondhand Serenade

finis

No comments: