Friday, May 30, 2008

Now that Pre-University Seminar is over, I no longer have any excuse to account for my despicable laxness. I will have to dive back into schoolwork and prescribed assignments in anticipation of the Mid-Year Examinations.

Bugger.

*

Today would qualify as an interesting day. Duty in the morning was dull and nothing else. The extra eating was unnecessary I should have known better. But at least I got an hour's worth of great sleep in the exhibition hall while we were free to roam, and Derek was nice enough to not rouse me even though the promise of food was open to us.

Got back to house to drink my magic potion: Dumex 6+ and took off for my Dental Appointment. Arrived at Outram Park an hour early, and was pretty much worried about how to while my time, when a little way up the small slope, my slipper snapped.

So, this person promptly removed both slippers and walked barefoot all the way back to the MRT and the length of the covered walkway, looking throught the Pasar Malam for somebody selling slippers. It wasn't very glamourous, but it allowed me to glean an observation. Few people notice feet and footwear. They look at your face and all, but not your feet.
Is this useful? I doubt it.

Got startled by Gina at White Sands. Flinched too much. In my defense, she appeared out of nowhere in my face quite loudly. I would have like to say that I saw her coming. Bugger. But I would like to say to this lovely girl that I should probably should have greeted her more enthusiastically. SL is remorseful.

Other than sharing my mundane day with the rest of the world, I had another point to add, but I forgot. I think that I will leave something here to pay homage to the forgotten point that would have added wisdom to my post:

SOMETHING

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I need to purge the anger that is exacerbating my stomach acid problem. At the gym yesterday, while I was training with Hakim, this royal asshole occupied the Smith machine and several other weights in the public gym and was running between them in his exercises and took an unbelievably long time to finish his turn. While I was quick to lend him my weights early on, he was not so cordial with me.

He spoke funny, hogged the station, made my gym session stretch from the regular 90 minutes to 2 hours of my time, disrupted my mealtimes and brought about a subsequent unpleasant evening.

Yes, I'm blaming them on him.

Other than being hungry, I loathe training too long in the gym. A quick dose of 45 mins to 90 mins is enough to work yourself hard enough to exhaustion and to see gains. After you've trained for a period of time, the processes in your body turn catabolic, and isn't beneficial for your muscles. Which goes against what you're striving to do in there.

Hence, there isn't any intelligence behind staying in the gym longer than that, unless there's a really pretty girl. But then again, unless you're me, your chances with that girl is zero, should you should probably exuent, like they do in Shakespeare's plays.

General advice:
KISS: Keep It Short, Stupid!

I'm very irritable when dealing with silly/stupid people. Their blundering fashions grate on my nerves. I wanted to hit out at his face, but then I was also sober and therefore aware of the consequences of being a brute. But I've gain another piece of philosophy.

Violence is uncivilised and damaging, but is more preferable because it's the fastest way to make the other guy shut-up.

I'm not shaking with rage actually, I'm simply disgruntled.
You may dismiss me as a raving or unbalanced, but I like to think I speaketh sense.

No comments: