Thursday, March 27, 2008

Snuck online to express myself in this neat little space.
Am supposed to be exploring career options, which would stimulate me to strive harder to qualify for the career choice that I have in mind.

Even so, the most lucrative job I think would be a divorce lawyer (family lawyer) or being the son of a multi-millionaire-you can source through Forbes' list and look at which old dude looks most like you.

The Army seems viable, but I don't like the sound of a contract with them, and a 9 to 5 job with them is daunting.
Come to think of it, a 9 to 5 (desk) job with anyone will probably stink. I had a taste of that in the holidays last year. It wasn't boring, but you find yourself going to work even when you don't feel like it and you don't have much of an option.
Your play time is severly minimised and you're mentally drained when you get home and you won't have the drive or energy to work out or enjoy yourself; and you don't get to see your friends much.

Being a teacher is safe, and it's been made to sound really good because teachers supposedly have high salaries and also the same holidays as their students. But they don't list the stress levels, mid-to-low job satisfaction and diminished social life. Not very appealing. Just look at our educators. They don't exactly glow or are vibrant and very cheerful.

I've been shelving this little chat with myself about THE FUTURE for quite a while. I think I cannot avoid it much longer. What will I be doing in 5 years' time. I need to know fast.

This is probably the easiest week in J2 ever, coming back after the Block Test. We have had unexplained long breaks that we didn't have for a helluva long time; there aren't any tutorials or assignments that are urgently in demand. I like this, but I know it won't stay like this for long.

Forced a gym session into my day, because I needed the pump and also the growth.
No sacrifice, no victory; no guts, no glory etc.
Ran yesterday to chase away the weariness and to beat my previous time.
Staying in shape is not always easy. You gotta bully yourself sometimes and embrace the pain that is bound to come afterward.
The feel of satisfaction in the form of intermittent aching and heat siphoning off your body.
That's sweet.

Otherwise, there isn't anything really much that validates a happy mood lest one.
There is a gaping void and I can't really measure it.

BSB's "Just Want You to Know",

Lookin at your picture
From when we first met
You gave me a smile
That I could never forget
Nothing I could do
Could protect me from you that night

Wrapped around your finger
Always on my mind
The days would blend
Cause we stayed up all night
Yeah you and I were everything
Everything to me

I just want you to know
That I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through
And then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe
That there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say
I would do it all again
Just want you to know

All the doors are closing
I'm trying to move ahead
And deep inside I wish it's me instead
My dreams are empty from the day

The day you slipped away

I just want you to know
That I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through
And then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe
That there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say I would do it all again
Just want you to know

That since I lost you
I lost myself
No I can't fake it
There's no one else

I just want you to know
That I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through
And then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe
That there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say
I would do it all again
Just want you to know

Cause I can't fight to let you go
Some days I make it through
And then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe
That there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say
I would do it all again
Just want you to know

A moment of weakness or a leakage of hearfelt-I dunno.
Can't put anything into "I dunno".
I need to be a better in every way. Can I say I've started?

I want to recognize and reassure people around me who aren't feeling in excellent form right now also. There is/ can be an epicentre of laughter and you should hang around him more. I will be that epicentre for you. That's what friends are for.

finis

No comments: