Saturday, July 12, 2008

Went back to running today. I am gratified that I was able to haul my body out of bed and onto the street to embrace the discomfort of pounding pavement. I honestly do not know what made me get up to put on a new shirt and run. Lying down was pretty comfortable but I sat up and shook off my grogginess to go and blaze the street.
I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Taking the path of most resistance will be the blueprint for greatness.
On Friday, it took also a similar unexplained motivation for me to suit-up and go over to the training ground and make myself tired. My lowered fitness I think, is perceivable.
I now subscribe to the belief -"Your body is your enemy".
It's limitations and weaknesses hinder us in achieving greater feats.

Hoarding fat is what our body does perpetually. We age continually and our metabolism declines with the years, making it harder to lose fat. Our lifestyle barely permits us to sleep sufficiently, much less work out. If we have fat, we'll have more fat and more easily.
It seems that we're losing the battle against the bulge on all fronts.
But there isn't any harm in trying.
There is a not too sophisticated solution. It's a mixture of building muscle with weight training, running, eating right, and patience and time.
Good luck.

I encountered a novice lifter this week's end, who has only been training for 12 weeks, and he was trying to impart 'wisdom' to me. I've been lifting weights for about a year, and here comes along this guy who thinks that his know-how is more vast than mine.
I don't know why I'm so worked up by this. The more I recall, the madder I get.
This fellow needs a whole year to get to where I am now, and he's teaching a shoemaker how to tie the laces. I know his type. One of those big people who get caught up in the trend of working out, gets really into it for a while, is still fat after half a year and gives up.
If that doesn't happen, it would really surprise me.

I see people who come for training and leave after a while because they can't take more, and people in the gym who look the same even after a year.
Tenacity is a quality that mortals don't have, and a power that can be lost also.

I need to expunge the bitterness inside my chest and move off to other things.


This is Miley Ray Cyrus' new single, which is quite a catchy song that I fancy.


I realise that there are a lot of critics, sharp tongues and naysayers around who have unexplained dislike for people, things. In short, there are a lot of people-hating arseholes.
It seems that my currrent theme is people-hating. It isn't though. People are nasty and foul, but I don't have white hot furious hatred for such scum. I unfortunately, belong to the same category too.

I however cherish the foolish hope that one day, we might all be nicer, more sensible, and vessels of love. I have already said it was foolish.

No comments: