Sunday, July 6, 2008

To-day I feel once more the acute soreness and discomfort that I both abhor and yet revel in.My body groans, but it also celebrate in the surges of benefits that a good pump will bring. This is probably what Arnold (Schwarzenegger) talked about-the goodfeel that is better than 'being with a woman'. Well, in his words.

I have however long discovered that my preferences (of music and song, of company, of basically all things) are cyclic. This probably is an unworthy revelation that will yield me no prize.

I've however gone back to swimming instead of running, because my system has grown fearful of the hard pounding and the heavy hurting. It seems that I cannot replicate my feats in the early half of this year anymore and the runner in me has receded. This was the same last year.
I blame climate change.

So, it's swimming.


Had a good swim on Wednesday, which was a pretty good way to spend an unofficial marking day, post-MYE. (The front crawl is a very grievous form.)
Because of our swim outing in the morning, Hakim and I were late for the Class HANCOCK movie. It was okay, and nothing much more than that. Except that Charlize Theron (pronounced 'thrown') was really hot.

Coffee at Orchard succeeded that and the whole troupe walked to Plaza Singapura for dinner, while coincidentally passing through my humble abode, the Istana. My golf buggy was already waiting to take me in, and my bodyguard was telling me to get in, but I decided I prefer the company of my friends, and ditched the promise of steak with my good steward Nathan.
(I must mention that Nathan has done a good job guarding the treasury. I am reasonably satisfied with him.)

Hakim and I rode on our wagon, bus number 5 home from Orchard and I was a bit wary of the ride, until I managed to meet a pretty girl who took the same night carriage as me. It was an added bonus that went away near the prison.
I got off at Loyang Point and ran the rest of the way home, in jeans.

On Thursday, I plotted my exploratory run to the same place in the evening, which was in essence, just a run. At night, I had a really deep talk with Crystal about our similar views about the rot of human nature and its fallibilities. I heard her out, and she also heard from me, which was a cheer.
Ah I love Crystal. So shiny.

Friday at school was mild, and the most notable, was Mr. Patrick's words that pricked me abit, and also the WANTED movie outing which was attended by the following: Crystal, Song Leng, Jeremy, Jay, Derek.

We regret that Hakim, due to his NCC POP was left behind. We are sorry. I have little love for NCC though, and I am miffed that the combined lure of the 5 of us and also a spectacular movie which featured Angelina Jolie's butt, curling bullets and impossible action lost to NCC. But we looked to the cue from Jem, and also our inner voices and considered the greater good. Hence, we went ahead without Hakim.
But I don't think he was very sad that Friday.

To-day at the gymnasium, I trained my Back.


Whenever we push something hard, people say, "put your back into it!"
Because our magnificent back features greatly in pushing, heaving, support and also sprinting.
I also trained my legs, which should be the most important bit of any exercise regimen, but isn't.
Think about this, you've seen many men with big bodies but small legs; have you met anybody who has impressive legs but a poorly developed body?

I think that my Sunday is not too disappointing, and that tomorrow is a God-send.
I will endeavour to make it count, and I do hope that there is sun. Because the next week, the big wheels will step up into high gear and there will be no permission to stop.

The new week guarantees:

1. A dismal harvest after the Mid-Year Examinations.

2. Long, lousy afternoons that will stifle you and your rightful joy

3. Unpleasant treatment from educators and big people.

4. Less sleep and worser moods

I particularly loathe the last one. A reduced sleeping time would be extremely evil.
But in the holy struggle for grades, would it give way? Win some, lose some. I dislike this school of thought. I will alter it somehow. I want to be able to sleep, laugh and also get decent grades.

To quote the assassin:
This is me taking control of my life. What the fuck have you done lately?

Pardon my coarseness. I think it is an effect of the movie.

Adieu.

No comments: