Thursday, July 17, 2008

I have been on the road running most of this week, and if you go home by 81, 53, 39, 109 you'd see me like a crazy person going at it for the remaining length of Pasir Ris Dr 1.
I would like to apologize to the people who've seen me and waved and are met with no response.
I can't recognize people properly from outside the bus, and especially when I've left my spectacles at home.

It is the thought of people whom I know being on the bus and watching me that causes me to put more into my otherwise dull run. I am propelled by my/the male ego, which will not permit me to lapse and show my weakness while you are looking on. Also considering the slowness of the buses (I will not lend this occasion to say that I am swift-footed), your eyes will probably not lose me even as I run.

Even though I may not see you, it really helps if you would wave or cause me to be aware of your presence. Because the bus' inside looks dark from my perspective, holding up a fluorescent object like bright yellow or orange would work.

Preferably orange. I have a strange affinity with orange.

What made me cough up ten minutes everyday to run? If you are a reader of my blog, you'd recall that last week, a new guy at the dojo tried to impart me know-how about working out in the gym and dismissed me as just another skinny guy. I was miffed and have been consciously trying to improve my physique to see the look of 'gentle surprise' on his face when he sees I am not just a skinny guy.

I have made extra effort with the weights and have been running all of this week except for Tuesday which was a rainy-and-most-conducive-for-sleeping day.
Have been eating loads and today while getting my regular chow at the Malay stall today, a guy behind saw the aunty change my food onto a bigger plate, because it was almost overflowing and said something like, "Wa you eat so much. No wonder you so big!"

I relish this sort of praise.
Now that you know, I would appreciate some miniscule effort on your part when you bother to compliment me in making your dishonesty less perceivable or apparent.
Many thanks.

The truth is often disappointing and far from our expectations. We very much prefer falsities that pass off meagerly as believable but remain fundamentally cognizant of the unhappy reality.

It seems that writing for me here will be a weekly affair, seeing that to accomodate other aspects of my life that I want to hold on to.

This week has been plenty of laughs. Humour is disarming and refreshing.
Unfortunately, only a select few have been endowed with this gift.
Earlier in the week, while walking across the General Office I threatened Andrew very loudly with a "I will slap your balls", and our esteemed Ms. Lai walked by. I had more to say about what would happen to Andrew's 'ahems'. It was very crazy. We laughed a long way into G.P. afterward.

*

I had forgotten the glory of ice-cream after such a long time. I needed something sweet while trying to do work on Monday and was offered vanilla ripple by my mother. An unfamiliar cold sweetness swept over my warm tongue. Delayed gratification. The longer between doses, the more unfamiliar and novel the feel.

Now that I'm talking about something sweet, I will carry over this into another of my new perspectives.

Admiring a woman without being with her is probably a more higher level skill that is intolerable for most mortals. On second thoughts, it is very widely practised. I think that this is a rather commendable, because your admiration will never be known and even less likely be returned. Another view is that it is simply cowardice and you will be rewarded with nothing.
It's probably time to make it relevant to me.

It's a cheer for me to see a particular person's face almost every morning. It distracts me and gives me something to think about and shakes me out of my morning sombriety. Her form is so outstanding that I can spot her from 200 metres away. Just tested this today. Have noticed her since Pre-U Seminar and she was the same and very likeable.
But I think it unlikely that anything more than admiration on my part would happen.
The above is a myriad of wishful-thinking and also expression.
This is not low self-esteem speaking, this is the voice of truthfulness as said earlier.

Ah, cruel.

I do put thought into entertaining people who grace my blog with their scrutiny and their time and I hope I have woven wisdom into its HTML.

I bid thee farewell with this:
'Knavery's plain face is never seen, till used'-Iago in Othello.

No comments: