Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nothing goes according to plan. Man proposes, God disposes.
My tenure in this plane of reality only acts out the said principle above.

On People, I am moved to continue to expound on the fallen-ness of man and to feature here my disillusion with Lao Tzu's supposition that human nature is compassionate.

But otherwise, there is wisdom in the Tao Te Ching. I feel compelled to provide a sample:

He who knows other men is discerning; he who knows himself isintelligent. He who overcomes others is strong; he who overcomeshimself is mighty. He who is satisfied with his lot is rich; he whogoes on acting with energy has a (firm) will.He who does not fail in the requirements of his position, continueslong; he who dies and yet does not perish, has longevity.

People don't change. A leopard never changes its spots. It can only cover them up. And if people do not change, we ourselves have to change to accomodate them.

People can be like fruit.
Niceness is surface; dig deep and everything goes bad.
Some of this is an excerpt from what Crystal and I talked about exactly a week ago.

On Love & Marriage, which is an eventuality for most of us social creatures, and was also a light dish in today's COMPASS lesson is notable for thought. Love might not amount to Marriage because Marriage requires much more than Love. It requires patience, tolerance, forbearance and a resignedness to stay married. The last one amuses me.
But it seems to exert significant force.

On friends, I got this poem from Andrew.

A good friend is like an old tree.
Under your dapple shade I find sanctuary.
Shielding me from sun and rain,
I find it easier to hold up my chin.
Cast my gaze to the heavens.
Wish for something better.

The light comes through your canopy and it illuminates my thoughts.
It brings a flush of red to my cheeks and I feel warmth from the blush.
Good friends, they keep you rooted.
Bark to bark, I fall asleep.
Reassured that my friend is my protector and my protector my friend.
I awake to your steady breathing; the wind through your leaves.

Notable Events This Week:

Plenty of Unsightly, Unsatisfactory, Utterly REvolting grades.


I have expended my maximum for tonight. I will bring about an abrupt cesation right n-

No comments: