Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Am feeling the satisfactory aches that succeed a glorious weights session; most of my cells are groaning and I'm sure that the sparks of soreness in my muscle fibres will become random arrays of fireworks that burgeon when I move about tomorrow. Really pleased!

Hakim's companionship was really timely and precious-we amused ourselves pretty well, lest for the royal arsehole that will make his regular appearance, it seems, every Tuesday.
This bloke genially occupies the Smith Machine, a barbell, a pair of dumbbells and the only decline bench available in the public gymnasium. I doubt that you'd get to do that even at PLANET FITNESS, but our antagonist here pays $2.50 and gets to own a corner of the gym as long as he wants.

I am slowly deciding against being friendly or generous to anyone, not just in the gym but elsewhere also, because doing the above is strenuous and often unreciprocated. We say that Justice has 'long arms'. But I think that instead of accounting that to its reach, it probably means that Justice takes a damned long time to get there.
I'm not a big fan of waiting for things to right themselves.
And neither am I open to the idea of waiting an overt time for the weights that I 'rented' with my $1.50 for the day.

I revere those big men, who come into the weights section and wait patiently for the inexperienced skinny person finishes clumsily with his grossly lighter weights.

(I feel my eloquence coming back to me.)

My Tuesday has come full circle after a good pump and also meeting my pretty girl neighbour who has really pretty eyes. I think that seeing her everyday would be really ideal!

*

I did list some things on a paper about what I wanted to put up today, but their relevance has dimmed, after I let the list ferment.

But since I'm coming into my spirit as a vengeful whiner, I will also diss obese people in my space here. No, I do not detest the large people that are a big part of our world. Everybody has a loveable fat buddy that isn't grossly fat, but cuddly.
Okay, I find that I'm being overly considerate here.
I must define the species I am talking about.
I have a lousy opinion of people who are obese and very much want to shed fat and look good, but are reluctant to work hard and become healthier. They take the paths of low resistance and shun the trusty route to fitness because it is inexorably linked to huge loads of sweat.
No sacrifice, no victory.

Do not misunderstand me, I was a fat boy, and getting into good shape took a lot of hard work and tenacity. Working out and eating right requires some effort and if you do not adopt it as a lifestyle, I suspect that you'll soon go back to being a mutated potato watching late-night TV.

I however seriously admire all the runners and joggers that are on the road, whether they be muscularly adorned, or chubby because running is uncomfortable and there isn't anybody coercing them to run either. I respect them, because they subject themselves knowingly to hardship even though the option not-to is given to them also.
We can learn from them.

And about skinny people. It isn't that a skinny person is definitely healthier. He could also have the fatal heart attack that we think only massive people get. A skinny person is just naturally primed to become the decomposing/ decomposed skeleton that everybody will turn into, in due time.

That's what I like to think.

I also have a remark to make about friends. I risk sounding like a Primary School girl who has discovered BLOGGER and have felt for the first time, the social cruelties of our bleak, unforgiving world. The things people say can be heartless.

Friends are not stepping stones to popularity;
Friends aren't penguins to just huddle around and draw warmth from;
Friends and naysayers are definitely stark polar opposites.
Males have it harder. We must learn to be immune to cruel, unkind words.
The things people say can be heartless!

Parting words:

I want to make another statement, this time about something very precious: sleep. From the words of Austrian neurologist and psychologist Viktor Frankl-

Sleep is like a dove which has landed near one's hand and stays there as long as one does not pay any attention to it: if one attempts to grasp it, it quickly flies away.

2008 is a year of super-heroes: Iron man, Jumper, Hulk, Batman, Hancock, Song Leng. We will be sufficiently entertained.

I have concluded my tirade, and will leave in Shakespearean fashion.

EXEUNT.

No comments: