Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Yesterday, Singapore 'enjoyed' a rattling that issued 430 km away. From dear Sumatra. Which is part of Indonesia, the pleasant country that refused to sell sand to us, and intercepted shipment of granite to our shores, granite that was contracted for.
I mean hey. We're small, yes. We have lesser people, lesser resources and lesser greenery...
But have you considered also?
We have lesser slums, lesser haze (which we don't produce at all), lesser poverty, lesser earthquakes, lesser terrorist attacks, lesser plane crashes, lesser idiots running the country. And even so, the Indonesians are still regarding us in the fashion one would push his kid brother out of the room-"don't touch my gameboy!"; "give me back my Pokemon card!"; "eh lend me money leh..."...

And you expect help when there's an earthquake and tsunami?

No comments: