Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Today's Story

Today began weirdly. Was jerked out of my sleep by a frightful dream in the morning that the AQ relay team was disqualified early on in the race and was still lost somewhere, while I was with legs 2 and 3 at a Kopitiam sorta place that was the transition point eating curry(咖喱) rice, when a PFM came over to tell me to announce that all the teams waiting over there were disqualified. And it was already very dark and the leg that was out there still haven't come back. And I had to run all the way to find Mr. Oi's van to tell him that we were out...
What a night/morning-mare.
I got out of bed to clear my head, but there was still this ringing unsettling feel in my head. The sleep wasn't enough, but hell it was already 10:26, and already late for my phone "discussion" with Mr. Mok. The inverted air quotes says it all.
But he was surprisingly pleasant unlike the nasty instances with the Target Test and the tailoring of the Recruit Hike Checkpoints.

And mentioning the Recruit Hike makes me think of the Camp committee and thinking of the camp committee makes me think of Chia Hong who is Recruitment's eyes and ears on the camp committee! And he relayed the wrong information to the Camp Committee and worse! Mr. Mok! Wah Lau. As if my job was easy and my ass not sore from Mr. Mok's onslaught!
Chia Hong, if you're reading this, you owe me a slap!
And he was supposed to give Recruitment information too! But he was never around enough for after parade meetings to know what was going on.
"have church!"; "city harvest!", "got service!"
...

For those who are actively involved in church activities or simply church-going at all, please ponder this:
Are you serving the Church or are you serving GOD?
The two are not the same! Serving your church does not mean you're doing GOD's work!
Think over it!
I have nothing against any church whatsoever (at least allow me to hold slanted opinions), but I feel strongly against any church's frantic and vivacious attempts to pull as many into its ministry and to gather as many followers as possible, by persuasion or by force (the two, in this instance have no difference!) I understand what the Churches today are doing, they are making Christians "fishers of men" (if you're really that good a Christian, tell me where I got this from), but they don't have to do it in a fashion which makes it seem like that they are simply grabbing as many people blindly into their cult or religion! I find that heavily detestable. This kinda "spreading GOD's word and ministry" is nauseating!
I am a Christian(though a sleeping one) and even I feel the way we try to make Christians out of all men disgusting! It's not out of their own free will, but a steady and gradual swaying on non-believers. That is why my mother's generation detest Christians so much-they propagate the religion like fanatics and using unscrupulous means. And i see how those zealots do it, and i want to give them a dressing down!
How to offer the option of GOD's promised Kingdom in time to come would be to open the doors and leave it open for people to walk in out of their own free will at their own time!!! And close it at the last day!!!

There! Shame on all of you who push people to immerse them in our beliefs! That is not the way to do it! Christ certainly did not do that! What He did was he silently performed His miracles and called to His disciples: Come, follow Me and I will make you fishers of men!
And Peter and his fellows could have said 'No'!
But they chose to follow Christ.
Likewise, everybody has the choice to take up or reject the offer. Let them be!

I've dedicated most of this post to rebuking the idiots who claim they are doing GOD's work in this way! This makes me mad! Damn you all!


No comments: