Saturday, October 8, 2011

May I be enticed to to love anew the vain pleasures of the old life that is in the muddy pit, and re-stain my feet and body that my Lord and Saviour has cleansed with His blood?

The sensible answer is no. But once I lose sight of Him who I am to love and serve, I may be carried away (tied up even) by the desires and impulses I have not guarded myself against. I give in to petty sins that lead me away and away from His discipline, His Spirit and His protection.

How long and how far may I run from His Presence and live apart from Him?
I realize that it is not too long, for I have been branded by Him and I am His possession entirely. He would not abandon me to myself and let me remain where I am.
He will seek me out and chasten me and restore me.

And hope glimmers again in my dark heart, the one that I have darkened myself by withdrawing from the Light of the World. He is the One I am to remain in and with forever.

Though I may be weary and discouraged, the LORD is my LORD, and I will praise His Name and sing of His faithfulness.

He has loved me with an everlasting love.

To whom shall we go, Lord? We believe that You have the words of eternal life.


No comments: