Saturday, October 22, 2011

Waiting for Deployment.

The Lord reserves good things for people, I am sure of it. Where there are curses for disobedience there are blessings for obedience.

Therefore we must partner with Him, keeping ourselves in holiness and purity, our bodies, hearts, minds, and Spirit reserved for Him. 

Over breakfast, these things came to mind, while I considered how God was working in and on my life these days. Whatever happens to me is meant to build me up in faith. We are to be the living stones in God's house in time to come.

So these were the things that I thought of:

1. What may challenge/ oppose me (my faith) in this 4+4 years? 
How may I meet them?

2. What may break or hurt my heart in this period? Death, family tragedy or crisis- 
How then will I relate to Him if these happen?

3. How may I be lured away from Him to other relationships, interests or desires? 

These 4+4 years will build me in faith for His purposes. Then I can be fully His, being fully deployable by Him, not owing anything to any human authority.

I am convinced that I belong to Him, so this will have bearing on the way I will live. While I know He will seek me out if I falter, it is better to obey now then to be restored years later, and to realize that I failed to obey.

I cannot stain my feet by wandering out in the ways of the unbelieving world and stalling the cleansing that Christ has said He will do for us. Unless He washes us, we will have no part with Him. John 13:8.

It will be necessary to ask ourselves these questions, so we may be prepared to stand stronger and closer in Christ. We are of the generation who may be giants in faith.

I wait as He trains me in manliness, in righteousness, in holiness, so that I may be equipped for the mission that He has assigned to me. And I will not go out alone to do His work. He will be with me.

This is a private reflection that hopefully will strengthen the faith of my brothers and sisters who also call Him Lord and God. 

No comments: