Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Richness of His Word.

This recess week has begun by a serious study of His Word, because there have been quite many indications leading me to closely study the book of Hebrews in the New Testament.

It is a recognition of a collation of references towards the book, over the weekend that has compelled me to do so.

I have understood that rich understanding and more knowledge will be found if I submit and commence this study.

*

In Hebrews 1, the writer has established the place Jesus Christ, God's Son, above all the angels and all of creation. He is the Object of our worship and praise. He has proper ownership and possession of all things, of everything. He has inherited authority over all things. He is higher than angels, and exalted higher than Satan.

What struck me, was that there was so much coherence and connectivity in all parts of Scripture, that the Psalms, Isaiah, Colossians, the Epistles and the 4 Gospels are in agreement, of the Sonship of Jesus Christ, and His supremacy over all things.

King David understood that the Messiah was to come from his line and be given an unending kingdom. And he recognized that the Messiah was not just a mere man, but he called Him Lord.

In the beginning of Hebrews 2, it is emphasized that where the message carried by angels to God's people are so important that any violation or disobedience will be met with just punishment, it is also emphasized that Jesus is higher and greater than the angels. Therefore His message of Salvation must be taken even more seriously and is to be believed.

In verse 3, it is written: "How shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation?"

Christ Jesus has been approved by and established into His rightful Kingship by His Father and our Father. At Jesus' Baptism and at His Transfiguration, God has declared that Jesus is His Son with His loud voice from Heaven. God is pleased with His Son, and we are to listen to Him.

*

I must not be puffed up by the knowledge and understanding He has given me, but instead, I must grow in love and faithfulness in relation to my Lord and my God.

He is preparing me for His purposes, and may I cooperate with Him as He teaches and changes me.

I write to share the insight given to me, so that we may understand the secret things of God that He has delighted to reveal to us.

-

Sometimes I am concerned over God's selection of my partner for me. I wonder if I would like who she is, or how she is like, and I am worried I may not like who He has chosen. Then, the Spirit reminds me that I have sinned.

How may I distrust God, who out of His wisdom beyond wisdom as made it so that my wife will be one who is prepared by Him.

Are God's gifts and goodness not acceptable by my standards?
Can my standards be higher than God's?  Must God meet my human expectations?

I am to look past appearances and love and not doubt the good things He has in store for me, and for her.

Whenever I meet a girl, I cannot help but wonder if they could be the one. Then I remember that I am no longer to be looking for a wife, but instead I am to wait on God for Him to make known and reveal the woman of His choosing to me.

I am then to treat every single girl with the love and tenderness Christ did.

-

There is a tendency for me to boast, even while I share, to make myself seem a better man than I am.
This is a disclaimer that I am not at all good, even though I am one who loves to be adored and admired.

-

May we live in expectation of His coming, and so live differently, with our eyes rested on Him.
May we not rebel but fulfill all the purposes He has for us in this life.
May we love others in accordance with the love He has taught us,
May we submit to Christ for we are His possessions,
May we value the things above than the things below.

No comments: