Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Insights this week.

I will use this place for the purposes of putting out whatever insights I have received from the Lord. May the Spirit of God give whoever reads, the mind of Christ that they may understand, receive greater mercy,love and become greatly blessed.


I am a Christian young man and as a man, temptations stalk me, whether I am equipped to stand my ground in Christ or not. Any day, if I had not gone into prayer to be strengthened in God's presence or have read His potent and powerful Word, I would have been undone. If the Spirit did not chasten me, I would not have been able. Praise be to the Lord who covers His people. 


I reflected and wrote the following in my journal as a documentation of my confession unto the Lord that,


The lust of the flesh is insipid and virulent. It derails me from the path of holiness, poisons my eyes, mind, heart, and spirit. It leads me to disrespect a woman' body and only to look to vent my desire on another flesh, with no care for the person's emotions, well-being or tender heart. It dishonours Christ, that I sin against Him out of my self-love, which has no kindness, gentleness or compassion, but seeks to harm myself and another person dear and beloved in the Lord's sight.


I had lust in my heart. 


In contemplating sin, or going as far as to plan sin, there is no difference. In my mind and heart, I am ready and bent to do evil, having put off any love or kindness for anyone. Now I just lack the occasion. 


All day, I am tempted to lie and deal with others indecently, dishonestly.
I look to be adored, praised and honoured by men (and women). This leads me to make a false projection of outward appearance of spiritual health and wealth. 


This stains any good thing I try to do, because my compulsions now have no good motive, but instead for trickery and to gather glory for myself.


I have prejudice for others; I despise peoples and I do not let them matter to me. I reserve very little pity for people both near and far away.


I envy others that are ahead of me in the LORD. 


I have no strength or ability to make myself conform to any goodness by sheer will. 
Thank the Lord Jesus that the Spirit is stronger than flesh, and I do not use flesh to overcome flesh.


After my confession, I feel the flow of the Spirit again. 
We as believers are not meant to be crippled by sin, but to move out in the power of the Spirit.


I need to learn to not look at a woman based on form and appearance, or outward things such as "poise", "confidence" or the like, but on qualities of gentleness, compassion, love, patience. These are the fruits of the spirit.


When I look for the woman I am to love and begin a family with, I do not rely on feelings because they are fickle, or emotions for they do not last. My love for her will be, and a constant. If it changes, it will only grow. 


I am to learn how to treat her gently and care for her. I am to grow in my knowledge of her, and to be fully committed to loving and pleasing and protecting her. My love for her must be responsible and not just emotive. 


We who are His will be taught by His Spirit and we will not, and we cannot remain the same after we have known Him.


May how am I blessed in the Lord, be the same for whoever reads my writing. Amen.

No comments: