Sunday, September 25, 2011

To My Wife.

To the one whom I will love and care for and raise a family with,

I am now, at a time in my life where the Spirit of God has taken hold of me and taught me many things.
He has made me aware of my weakness in the flesh and of the hope held out for me through the work of His Son.

He has cleansed me and given me grace and mercy, which I may stand on.

I have begun to discern that there is richness and security in Him and in His Word, and that those things are not of what we as human beings regard as precious.

I am to become a fully Christian man, who will lead my household in faith and obedience, and teach our children the love and faithfulness of our great God and King.

I am to learn the following and care tenderly for you, lifting our family up to our God.

Ephesians 5


 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

May I be made ready for my bride, to love and to cherish you. I am to preserve all of myself, so I may be reserved for you.

God will teach me; He will not let me remain the way I am now. I wait eagerly for Him to lead me to you and eventually, us to Him.

Amen.



Why I write this, aside from showing off, I need some way to express my longing to communicate with the person whom I will join my life and spirit with. Perhaps she will read this and this will be the means that we are brought to each other; perhaps I may show her this when we begin to know one another.
I almost cannot wait for the timely goodness of the Lord to be given to me.


I must move in step with God's rhythm and not run ahead of Him, without His Spirit. 

No comments: