Saturday, April 21, 2007

Chinese Physicians

A word of advice to the world, who might want to seek TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine).

1) Never go into a shady shop that has toilet-like sliding doors.
2) Never go past the toilet-like sliding doors to ask to see "the doctor" who turns out to be a middle-aged ahpek reading LianHeWanBao.
3) Never venture into the deeper end of the shop with the shifty looking man into his so-called "diagnosis room".
4) The diagnosis room should have a bed.
(At this point in time, you should probably leave.)
5) Don't, Don't stay IN the room if the bugger takes your pulse on one hand, can't find it; takes it on the other hand and declares you have wind, with a look of mock solemness.
6) Even after you've told the man you need to see your ailing back, he thinks you're there for cough or whatever not.
7) Do not believe the man, who repeats 2 strands of thing. Wind causes back pain. !!!!!!!!! WTF.
8) He declares your back, which is aching worse by the minute, fully functional.
9) He charges you S$30 for a tube of black pills.

I mistakenly went to the goddamned wrong Medical Hall and had to pay S$30 for my folly. When I finally bashed my way to the real deal at Tampines Avenue 4 BLK 801, I was really really mortified. At my S$30 and wasted time. The real deal was one with a large red signboard and a long, long queue.
When I got to see the doctor, I spent less than 1 min in the patient's bench, and I just told him 3 things. Karate, Sprained or Strained, Yesterday. He got me on the bed, facedown, and began.
He felt my back, found out where was hurting-right lower back and started.
He got some balm or salve and started rubbing it on my back, and kneaded and chopped down.
Then he turned me on my side, placed my arm and leg on my left and cracked my back from the side. Oh God. He turned me the other way, and cracked my other side. He then rubbed and massaged again. He then placed some suction bamboo cups on each side of my backbone and let it hang there.
The cups were removed, and my back pain, minimised. Tenfold.

Really shows something.
TCM is god-like.
Frauds are all over the place.

No comments: