Sunday, April 1, 2007

April's Fools didn't foist any pranks or antics of the silly nature on me. I guess my circle (as in social circle) pretty much forgotten about April's Fools. There wasn't any worthy analogy to base a cheesy gag on anyways. What's funny nowadays? Not feeling that now.

Today was meant to be an appointment for the AQ Dudes to celebrate our 'win' yesterday. Digress a bit. I always do go around spiraling into another arc whenever I'm doing the talking. I consider yesterday a win because our dearest Boys managed to complete the race and the Relay did what the previous generations were unable to. A 2nd placing and only 2 mins in timing behind the Champions. Goodness. And it was the team that loved each other the most! Both teams 1 and 2 took 7 hours +++, whereas team 3 took 10 hours. Someone mentioned that the added timing of a Leg 4 would still have made 14th 2nd in the end...
And so, to fulfill the 'promise' made last night while alighting from Bus 39 at my stop, we went to have a date with Bean. At the nostalgic Princess Theatre, where Ah Pehs frequent.

I woke up at 1030 plus (seeing that a mood to study Biology hit me at 0000), and when I looked at the free Silver Clock (I love silver now) that is by my bed, I cursed-'Damn! I missed Batman again!' Made some contingency plan for the day ahead, which was to check the CCA I ended up in, in Meridian, and to wash my Karate Gi, and to pack for the Gym Orientation for JJ. And also to meet Hakim to hand him the Bio E-learning Worksheet. My mother held me back at the door with some ruddy financial examination because she felt feeding money to me was like throwing it into a bottomless well. And a bowl of mango.

Met JJ at Tampines Swimming Complex where he was sitting and sleeping at the steps. Took him into the office to register and then upstairs to the best Gym i've ever seen(up close) in my entire life. The aircon and the smell hit me and JJ was a bit taken aback by the niceness of it all maybe? It was new and oozing a positive feel and overlooked the swimming pools.
I immediately hit the weights area and attacked the bench-press station. I laid my towel on the bench and inserted 2 green 10 kgs weight plates into the sides of the metal bar(as per usual) and slid under it. And then I did my first set of 10 repititions.
JJ couldn't lift it. LOL. I couldn't do it actually when I first started lor. And neither could Boon Kai. But now boon kai can begin to reach for the yellow 15 kgs plate immediately le...
And then I added on more plates and did decreasing reps, with each following (2) set.
Then did 3 reps of the Bent over-row and 4 reps of the Shoulder Shrug; 3 sets of the T-lift and 4 sets of the Tricep push up thingie. Don't know what you call that. The regime concluded with 80 crunches.It was a decent workout that felt like it had some effect on me.

We then sped off to Princess upon meeting little Boy. JJ blanjahed us Taxi fare to Bedok and we burst into the Cinema to catch the 3:30 Mr. Bean's Holiday. It was reasonably funny, and the three of us, huddled in the left side of the shabby cinema laughed out loud more than 6 instances. If you want me to reveal the movie content, you better come over to Pasir Ris BLK 102 to pay me some $$$. If not. Go watch it yourself!

When we left, we lamented that the short movie should really have been watched at Princess and not Tampines GV which was an option we weren't entirely closed to in Tampines...
Then we went down the stairs and then walked out of the place and onto the steps leading to the traffic light when-
Like a bolt of lightning, I saw her! Cherrie!
I saw this two slender girls laughing up the steps in an obviously Temasek shirt and then saw that this girl was so...familiar and when she lifted her chin and opened her mouth to laugh, the braces and the pretty jaw told me it was her. I knocked her with my fist on her left arm and she turned around to squeal.

That was certainly the highlight of the week. Just nicely next to the Silver Trophy that is at Mr. Poh's house now.

No comments: