Saturday, January 5, 2008

Orientation 2008


Vincitore---Azimuth!
Take that, and a year flies by!
Orientation back in 2007 seemed not that far away when I was sitting beside this unknown guy (Derek) in the Hall and we started talking.
Now we're still talking in the hall, but standing up and holding green placards.
Goodness. I told him yesterday, probably everything now is all a dream and we'll wake up, still as Sec Threes. That would be seriously cool, but painful.
Would have to live the 3 years all over. No thanks.

Orientation in 2008 was great, and maybe not as close as it got when I was in Secondary School with the Sec Ones because we really knew each other then and there were fewer OGLs, but it was still magnificent fun and joyously noisy.

The OGL experience was PRICELESS. Like the mastercard thing, but it was for real.
That's the prime reason I signed up for it, its value and also the side-along benefits of delaying my proper entrance into J2.

My Trition OGL tag:



The team of OGLs, minus Dean and Mei Ying, 'cause they were at Stations in other parts of Singapore, during the Meridian Magnificent Marathon (MMM).
This is at China Square:
( from left, bottom: Joslyn, Shahidah, Yu Shu, Karimah;
top: boss Guo Hao, myself)


This was the first day, outside the hall, where the freshmen were running around the place with us. Lovely bunch of people. Boss is holding the placard.


Below is Daryl from my Sec Sch. He was in council with me back then, and we had great times wild-ing together. He got 'chosen' to rep his Orientation Group for the The Meridian Prophecy, which Triton won. Haha.


Dawnie! My supposed 'sweetheart' in our scandal.


(below) Victoria! From my Trition 1, our beloved rep. She's a real sweet girl, and she's actually Elizabeth's sister. She's quite cute actually, always falling for my trademark trick. Close friends would know? Haha. Got a chance to flaunt my masculinity when she left her bottle and wallet at one station during the TMP. Got it for her. I'm good.
I still think she should have won the TMP catwalk thingie! Her dress up was really good.


Triton 1 people are a creative bunch. Arts class what.


Day One ended okay, but with the Triton OGLs abit riled up by the unfairness of the treatment given to us by council and the other houses at certain points. Envy is harmful. Spent the evening preparing water bombs and all. They would become soft and leaky the next next morning.
Got home late and tired.

This was Day 2, MMM! We had a mass dance and then got ready to set off.
Triton 1 was due to travel to Tampines, which we did and then Clarke Quay and then Harbour Front. At Tampines, we completed 3 stations, and then 4 and 5 respectively at the other 2.


This was the locality map I took at the MRT and used to lead the og to the station at China Square. Before that, everybody was like-wtf? What is China Square?


This is me and Shahidah posing outside China Square. The wind was really really SONG! Haha.
I'm really pleased with my chest. Look at it stand out. I'm looking really strong! Heh.

Triton 1 Cheering at China Square.



I knelt down while everyone was running to the next station to take pictures of the new scenes to me.

We then got to the next zone (Harbourfront) and got to Vivo City!


This was on the roof of Vivo City where gamemaster Nawal! made Trition 1 members pose with a person wearing a striped shirt. I pointed this man to them, who gamely obliged. Cool dude!





Ritualistic cheering led by Shahidah above Vivo!




The above 2 group pics were taken by MJC Photography club member. But blur leh.



Triton 1 above 81 at Serangoon! We ditched Phobos 1 at the MRT and chionged for the bus.



This was us hiding from Miranda, where Body-gong Jian Rui's group was below, because we didn't want them to realise they could board the bus.
In the end we got to MJC after a mild scuffle at Kovan MRT where other groups tried to board 81 but couldn't.
Triton won the MMM, because we got to college all just in time and got the 1000 speed points.
But later at night, we lost the lead cause of some jaywalking controversy and also 700 points.
It was a low point with Jem and the rest working to put Campfire together. And it didn't help while Jessica was giving incessant nonsense all the time by the side as usual. or even more than usual. That person is like 5000 beats behind the tempo.
Left after 935 when Eugene wisely suggested so. I love Eugene. He's like me, and we have the similar uniformed group ideas. So whatever he came up was something that was from my heart too. He let us go home earlier than we were going to.
Day 3 was Wet n Wild and the campfire. It was a more friendly day for me, because I was stationed at the track at a station that only needed me to say some words and let a huge mess take place. Not difficult what.


This was a shot of Miranda at my station while they were cheering.




This was a neighbouring station.


My lovely coworkers at W n W group 2: Pei Yi, Bernice and Grace!


This was Trition 2 passing by! If only the OGL was also looking over. The girl nearest the pic is Cheryl? If that's the right spelling. I danced with her when we paired up with freshies. She's quite cute and has really small hands. But cute. Haha.

Handsome Dickson! haha. I told him he looked like shit. But actually, wasn't truthful. Still suave despite the white stuff. Naughty naughty.

Trition 1 at the field at Xin Yun's feet, preparing for wet and wild finale.

An attempt at an artistic shot of Triton while Jeremy was talking.





Me and cute Jay at the field.


Me and my secret lover Derek. We were secret spies at Callisto 'supervising' the human chain transport of water bombs.


RuiBei and me! Haha. Cool girl! Really fun with her around, somebody to disturb. Was paired with her for the Wet and Wild finale. She came over to call me over. Wah, honoured. Met her several times during MMM and 'shook' her hand. RuiBei was genial enough to accompany me to the toilet, but not inside la! Haha. Mistook the dustbin for her. Haha.
Together at Callisto, we were like disturbing them and delaying their water bomb transporting.
Great fun. That bit of Orientation was quite bagus!
I'm cute.


Snuck a picture of Kevan while in the midst of disturbing Callisto. But I love Kevan. We were in TPJC together in oG 12. Still remember him in that Changkat uniform, and also how we sat together with George and the rest in TPJC track doing the 'win the war' chant.



Got the inspiration to do the flag of our fathers thing with Derek, Titus and his friend. Nice!


My beloved Titus, Operations Sergeant and junior.

Hot stuff. Jay with his back to us, Jeremy, Eugene and Me.
Triton 2 after the campfire at the bus stop opp college. Trition was preparing to go to Downtown to celebrate. We won the Campfire and also everything else! Shouted until my head hurt, oh my God. Really happy in the hall. And eager to party. Because of this picture, Mei Ying said that I made Trition 1 miss 89. Too bad. We got to Downtown still what.

The big men of Triton at the next table. Danial, Jeremy and my mistress, Hakim.
We celebrated at Burger King at Downtown like last year and stayed til quite late, chatting and laughing with our people. Ah. Victory, although annual, is still refreshing.
This is the placards in my lift.
Got a swift ride home from sweet Megan's father and reached home with all the placards that were there at I dunno what time. We waited shortly before her dad cruised in. Said goodbye to the pair Winston and Xin Yun too.
Orientation had me burn more than 5626.8 kilocalories in total! I'm thankful. Haha. Not easy leh, shedding calories. And the height and weight indicators say that I'm 73 kgs. Are you sure? I thought I was more.
These three days, have been a bit of my life that I don't want missing. Those bits in the pictures above and also those bits not captured are precious.
There are bits that would also be as valued. Like sitting next to Derek, talking with Hakim in the canteen, dancing with Megan and 'pretending' to listen to Dawn and also watching Dickson, Naqiah dance...
Anyway. The final thing I have is:
Fear Triton!
(cos' got reason one. We win every year.)

No comments: