Saturday, January 26, 2008

Today was the first ever road race I'd ever ran, considering that I wasn't at Meridian this time last year and that I was mysteriously absent from TPJC's road race. It turned out better than I feared, but I'm ashamed I suddenly stoppped and walked. An abrupt rebellion from my body. Stupid. But I take a bit of satisfaction in running just a bit faster than Titus. He's fast.

Fell back to Position 49 only. Would have made it much ahead if I pushed more. But it's a learning point. Running at that pace was ferociously tiring. Got surprised by the speed of some people. I guess my problem was that I was thinking too much during the run.

Good Job Jay! He ran 7th. Crazy fool. Jealous over here.



Bananas are really useful. Contain tyrosine and boosts alertness and is a quick source of energy because it is a light carbohydrate. I brought 3 and ate 2.5. Gave some to Hakim and Jay. Prosper my friends!
Not a great day though, for Triton House. Fell to 4th overall. But somehow at the plaza in the morning, wasn't feeling to enthusiatic about their cheering and all. Ah, bother.

The wind at Pasir Ris park was really amazing! Could have stayed there forever, and an added bonus was the eyecandy from Derek's OG that was nearby. Minus all the nonsensical things that were happening around and just us and the wind...Magical.
Nawal agrees that the wind was great too. And Nawal is a cynical crazy girl. Or, maybe not that crazy.

The class went to the rocks to camwhore, with the guys doing our X-men: The Last Stand poses, and Andrew interrupting us by doing Spider-man instead. Got a series on emo and many others. Got the inspiration from Derek's OG, And also because I was reluctant to let my eyecandy out of my sight so soon. Heh. Sinful.

Had a real good time there! Everyone was having great laughs and the place was simply enchante, as the French would say. Pictures soon!
Only bad thing was that the girls changed horribly S...L..O...W.
Made me and Dickson a bit irritated.

Sometimes I wonder if girls actually have many folds of skin and they have to slowly unfold their layers and clean thoroughly and dry the folds before rolling them back and dressing on. Haha. Crazy hypothesis. Came up with it during the OGL camp when the guys were rotting while the girls took a LONG time in the bathroom.

After that, I sinned at Burger King. BK Fish meal. Didn't bring money cos I got out of house late. Only got to eat thanks to Derek. What else is new? Love him.

Later, we went to give out pamphlets door-to-door for CIP. Derek was super fast. I took my time, cos I was really beat. It wasn't that hard as I imagined.
Got some attitude from several dogs. The moment I came to the gate, they started barking their guts out. But I was too tired to respond.
Finished and got home. It took a lot before I was finally allowed to rest...
Hit the bed at 4 plus and drifted in and out of sleep until 7:35.
My body was deceived into believing that it was already late night and it needed to sleep more.

Woke myself up with 2 bananas.
And I took some time to blog, seeing that the lack of newness was a bit disgusting. I might regret this, but well.

I should be relieved the week is over, but the shitty thing is that a new one is creeping up on me. The strangeness about this week 4 was that I expected it to be a great week for me, seeing that I'd done all my homework last sunday, and would be able the face the next days with surety.
But alas, Monday began to make it all bad.

Sunday's little sleep caught up with me and I began Monday with low energy and alertness and struggled through everything. Halfway through lesson, my new phone blacked out and started giving me problems. It then never woke up again. I then lost my pen, then had to go for TKD training, which I was already unhappy about. It stretched late and I got home late and wasn't in time to do any real work.

Tuesday was another bad day, and the 4.3 km run was bad for me. I was slow and the sun wasn't friendly.Disgusting. And afterward was a torturous Chemistry extra lesson. Couldn't suffer through another long day and really needed rest on Wed. So I didn't go for training and went to rest at home. Thursday is my sacred day where I do what I want. So I went to the gym with Hakim, who swam and spent the afternoon with him eating and talking.
Met Zicong at the Gym and was also startled by my sister's O level Results.

Congratulations to Eunice on her
7 A1s and 2 A2s. The tycho prick...

Later on Thursday night, I realised I was the Duty officer for parade on Friday at 10. I got really mad because I wasn't informed and was still expected to show and run the parade. Can't stand incompetence. But my temper was evened by the parade and spending time with the NCOs and imparting my know-how to them. Was real glad that Zicong was around and I made him settle the Recruits and to mentor Keane and Wei Jian.

Real proud of him. Us together were a good combo last year as Recruit Instructors.
It brought back a wave of nostalgia when I heard Zicong's roaring at the Sec Ones. I assigned him to sort out the recruits who said they had some attitude problem.
He can resolve it, no problem at all.

When I was a Boy, when our Sergeants made us run like dogs, we ran like dogs and prayed it would be over.
Now, when we tell our Boys to run like dogs, they immediately ask you why are they doing that.

It's an unavoidable trend. But Friday ended quite nicely with us, the big men going down to a dinner at blk 85, and then hurriedly finishing to rush after the netball girls and take the same bus 17 as them. We were cute. Well mostly me, but ya.

Friday then spilled over to Saturday, which was Road Race.

Have I gleaned anything from this stupid week?
If I begin with normal expectations and regard the week as a Challenge, maybe I would not take it that badly.
There are sometimes where you gotta stop thinking and just do it.
Things happen because we make them happen.
I got a new eyecandy : )
Bananas are really beneficial!

Goodbye everyone. There're 5 tests next week. I'm trying not to suck at all of them.

No comments: