Monday, December 17, 2007

It's been over 12 hours that I haven't actually texted her. Feels weird.Her last reply was at 09:12:30.
I got really grouchy today. The day didn't seem as bright or nice as it was.Lost my temper at a bunch of Boys outside the office who really were making a lotta noise while they were shifting the hampers for BBSGB. Probably from Victoria School or what. I think I kinda startled the officers and primers with my appearance to reprimand them.But it was an office and they were really annoying. And I wasn't in the best of moods.

A silver lining was that I saw a Boy I trained. Can I say I trained him? I didn't really imparted anything consciously to him. I was his RSM at his Leadership Development Course 2. The only thing I probably did was to set myself up as a model for him to look up to. But I saw him take charge as RSM for SGB and I felt quite glad that he was doing well, and that I've become a person that he and his fellows remember. They've been through the Song Leng experience. Ah, the privileged few.

Most of the time though (or rest of the time), I felt like wringing somebody's neck. I think I'm strong enough to crush somebody's windpipe now.Several phonecalls doused my mood heavily too.

There was this man that was demanding and yet in an entirely unconvincing piteous voice, asked me to get the Ops Room to send over his hamper for him while he somehow just couldn't speak to them, and wanted me to do it on his behalf. He called me, and wanted me to call him back, but didn't put down the phone, and was still on the line. So I kept getting hold of him, and he made a retort that sounded something like, '...simple thing also cannot do...'. When I called him, he tried to sound like he was in a poor state and wanted help, but didn't want to do it himself. I can think of more drastic words deeper than 'irritating' to describe him.

Other calls were people who didn't receive their hampers and were rightly asking for them unabashedly.I mean. These people are receiving public assistance and help from us. They don't know the meaning of gratitude, whatever language they speak, hokkien, mandarin or muffled gibberish. Can't stand it.

Rosalind said that every year, there's this beneficiary, an old woman would personally come to our HQ and demand that she be allowed to CHOOSE the food items that we're giving her. She wants a choice of brand of rice, milo and canned food, and she called us uncooperative and all when we deny her. I was shocked when Rosalind told me this....

We are not obliged to assist them, and we can actually not have the Sharity Gift Box. The BB's been around for 77 years, but the SGB is only 20 years old. It's not an easy thing, doing the SGB. I see the officers in charge slogging to see the project through here in the Brigade Office. And these people treat our grace like its their birthright.
All we actually want is appreciation and civility. And these things aren't in place only if you're better of in riches or in intellect.
Singapore should start celebrating Thanksgiving. Maybe it would drill in them a morsel of decent gratitude.

This is probably parallel to how we ignore the graces of God and His numerous blessings that are muted or dimmed, by the distractions of the world. On some level, we're also like those ungrateful people. We might know that our successes are God-given, but we choose not to acknowledge Him, or give glory to Him, but instead credit ourselves.
A lesson to learn.

Even so, I'm getting affected easily by these people. Ungrateful, demanding pricks who are disadvantaged, but doing pretty much nothing to lift themselves out of their plight by their own hand. The man caused me to make a mistake writing the cheque that I was issuing. And it was a thousand dollar plus thingie. Stupid. Soured me greatly for the most of the afternoon.I realise that there is some truth to my personality profile. I can't stand stupid people.

A nicer way would be to say that I can't stand people whom I think are beneath me in intellect. But what's the difference? They're still dull. And that severely repugnates me.
Love your neighbour? Not easy.

On the way home at 359, studied these two women behind me. Lousy conversationalist. The first was only concerned with hearing her own voice throughout and her companion just gave up when the idiot didn't let her speak at all, and instead kept rambling on. Stupid people.Ah, I'm being nasty. But, can't help it.

Saw a girl that kept looking over. Don't recognise her. Not sure if she was the girl that called out to me on Saturday, saying she was Lisa. Didn't look like her also. I mean, if that's really her, I've only got this to say: she's grown up fine. But still, the two persons don't really click. Haha. Sorry, if my compliment doesn't come across nicely.

At least Sern Khoon's direction about the Holy Spirit was especially enlightening and useful. Solved most of my problems with Church(es) and all. The kinda confirmation that I was waiting from above. I just need another. Will expound on what Sern Khoon advised next time.

These few days will be unpleasant.

Please come back soon.

No comments: