Monday, August 11, 2008

Saturday
It took to the combined influence of Megan, Hakim and the din at home to nudge me into getting out of the house on the wettest National Day for as far as someone with my youth can remember. I had gotten slightly miffed at missing the sun in the afternoon and only receiving the rain when I headed out for a slow run.

It was a gig by Dawn's Church friends at Marine Cove and I concur that it was good music, although I still think that the vocals could be made more outstanding if they turned the music down a little. But chiefly, I had a great time because of the other three men (Jem, Dicky and Hakim), and our laughs. I recall that I almost missed it, and I'm rather thankful I didn't.

It was a good night, but a pity that the fireworks were obscured by the buildings around.
I have been called entertaining. That's all?

I learnt that genuine encouragement and words have a massive impact on people. We should give everybody except ourselves a pat on the back once in a while.

Sunday
Kah Kee stood me up on our gym date because he wanted to catch the Olympics Hockey match, and it was mainly thanks to Zicong's stedfast accompaniment that saw me through the revamping of my workout. I relish the goodfeel succeeding a good pump even though the soreness pushes against my threshold sometimes.

For people who are obsessed about weights, please do not think that doing the same thing over and over again will get you stronger or build you up. Even if you vary the weight that you lift, your body is still going through the same procedure.

Our bodies excel in adapting, and increased strength and improved muscles are responses that arise for this adaptation. Once you've adapted, you will no longer reap the gains from before. Hence you must constantly confuse your muscles and give them different exercises so that you will still grow from your training.

I inserted only a little work into my day, which could be either seen as the last day of the week or a first day. It's all a matter of perspective. What is yours?

Monday
I am still writing my Monday. I am glad that I have the power to affect the present and effect the future. In striving to be the Champion of the World, I must seize it.
If the Lord permits, today will be extremely fruitful.

No comments: