Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's been three weeks and The Dark Knight sits securely at the helm of the charts, untouched by any of the other rising aspiring movies. My passion for this visual masterpiece is undimmed and I would probably say that it has mellowed out. I have chanced upon some netizen efforts to spruce up the sombre film with a decent amount of laughability.

The following are spoofs of familiar sequences from the movie.
But first, if you belong to one the unlucky minority who have not the luck to watch it in theatre yet or if you for some unexplained disease dislike the Batman franchise, do watch the proper trailer.



This is a spoof of the trailer. It's not fantastic but has a degree of hilarity.



The last one that I have to offer is my personal favourite. We all know that Christopher Nolan's Batman has linguistic problems that have been around since his origins in 2005's Batman Begins.



If you are an anomaly and find none of the above interesting, I am a little miffed, but will continue to charm you with my writing.

This is an eventful weekend, because it is our National Day and I must concede that although I do not always enjoy the morning singing, we must allow ourselves to be patriotic and also somewhat unabashed in congratulating ourselves on amassing 43 years of pseudo-democracy.

(Please do not be mistaken, I rather like this pseudo-democracy. It is a more pragmatic organization where we are also permitted to have our own illusions about government.)

I however have a query. At the height of prosperity, it seems that the only next stage is decline. If you were a subject of our education system and have studied Social Studies in Secondary 4, you would have recalled how Venetian society ended up. So the next direction for our nation is-?

It is also the 2008 Beijing Olympics which has been a mammoth event for the Chinese, and a contest between super atheletes. I am looking at Tyson Gay to outrun Bolt and Powell at the 100m event. I think that the only event that Singapore might loop a win would be at the Sailing events, judging from our performance at the Asian Games in Doha.

But oh look at me, being so bothered by these externalities.
Today was a really good day. The Math test was a non-issue (this does not mean that I did well), and I did all of the work that was tasked to me. Had a big lunch, which was the norm for me now, to gorge myself in the earlier break and avoid the hunger pangs later on.

Crystal found what I did in the Chem Revision Lecture extremely funny and couldn't stop laughing. This dude hit my head with his bulky bag when he walked past me on the higher row in LT 3 and so I played along and pretended I was hit bad. I lolled my head and rolled my eyes (according to Derek) and muttered incomprehensibly about the sick bay. I think Crystal couldn't control herself for about 15 mins.
I did mention Crystal was crazy.

The next most notable thing was the rain, which was whoa. It thwarted my intentions to run and be the active boy that I really am. Perfect conditions that precipitate for an early night. Lovely. I intend to treasure this rarity after I've finished watching Love Guru and the JJC Prelim Paper.

This is what the Love Guru says makes a man desirable:

Clarity
Organization
Charm
Knowledge

Enchante, like what the French would say. Or we could call it crude humour.
I take my leave hereafter because my computer is horribly slow and I have little love for functioning at crawl speeds.
Farewell.

No comments: