Monday, February 5, 2007

Is sickness a feeling of swooning inadequacy? Or a bout of headiness birthed from undesired habitual doings that the foolish mortal has dabbled in?
Anyways.
I took a trip to the Pasir Ris Polyclinic this morning, cause my nose kept on-well-bleeding. So while my mother queued in the SUUUPER long queue, I took my time making my way there, until she prompted me with a call that exuded less-than-friendly-tones. I entered the building, looked in, and was shocked to see the queue extended so deep in. I walked in, intending to head to the end of the line and saw a guy about my height coming towards me. He was also in school uniform. I was thinking: hey, another dude's missing lessons and is here at the doctor's! I walked 2 steps: aye? he looks familiar. One step: OH! @#$@#!!! He's me!
I was walking into a bloody mirror! No wonder!
I joined my lao bu and we waited.

The doctor was a delightable young chap who endured my mother's theatrics and diagnosed me as having what, ALLERGIC RHINUSITIS. Whatever that is. And he told me to head upstairs. For a blood test. Which involved a needle breaking into my skin and sucking out much of my precious blood. I literally balked.

And I waited upstairs. The atmosphere in the clinic room was dead. The people worked with the enthusiasm of undertaker ah pehs lowering large brown-black coffins into the dirt in the Choa Chu Kang Cemetery.
The woman called my beautiful name and made me sit in a chair and lifted my left arm onto a blue pad and made me grip a tissue box, tying a green strap to my bicep. Then she tapped, and I, the long suffering patient, accustomed to such treatment looked away. I must thank Kevan at this point for SMSing me. It distracted me from the pain.
She had the silver thing in deep and long and filled three tubes each 3/4 the length of a science lab test tube and popped on a plaster.
I was aghast when I saw the bottles/tubes.
My mother gave me a sarcastic thumbs up...
wtf...

And then came the bout of wooziness that has clung to me until now. I shall heed the waves of lethargy, both from illness and missing blood and hit the sack. My left hand's remarkably weak now. Hopefully in 12 hrs, it recovers for another burst of Canoeing..

No comments: