Friday, June 6, 2008

My mind flits from this to that and I cannot settle on anything. This seriously hampers my progress in doing purposeful and plentiful work. I'm to blame for this, and I think I'll have to shift my battle plan to accomodate this lazy bit of me seeing that won't go away.

Accomplished little. I don't understand why am I still so assured.
Maybe yesterday's goodness has something to do with it.

Yesterday, I managed to do some good work, watch Prince Caspian and hit the gym.My morning was declared over by the drilling from next door and I'd no choice but to get up.
Studying was impossible, so my sisters and I decided to go over to the new mall at DWNTWN EST to catch Prince Caspian in theatre.

Ended up meeting my cousins who had the same thing in mind: Narnia.

The movie was pretty good but I couldn't really see why it was awesome like some people said. Maybe I had really high expectations for the movie, or it just didn't impress me like I thought it would. The first bit of the story where Caspian was running away and until before he called the 4 Pevensies wasn't very Narnian to me.
Maybe it's just hard to please someone who has watched Transformers and Iron Man.

I still think they could've made the visual spectacle better. They had some great filming locations, like the Cathedral Cove.







After that, got back into the gym, which I was afraid of. I probably got fazed by the workouts.
If it weren't for Hakim, I wouldn't have been able to keep at it. Met Shiva and his bunch there also. Finally conclude that Five is a bad time to go to the gym. Rush hour when lots of people come in, including silly amateurs who hog the weights and stations.

I really wonder if we would ever see a fight break out in the gym. That would be interesting and entertaining. Tensions simmer and men grow upset with each other and when their patience runs out-

However, although I might be impatient, I strive to be polite in the gym. Maybe even overly polite, according to some, but I do this because I dislike waiting too and I understand their frustration.

I posit that the best exercises to do in the gym are the pull-up, the bent-over row, the deadlift, and the squat. They build the most and the best muscle and despite these, are oft undermined.

Ate a hasty meal and took off with Hakim to meet Jeremy at his place to get my Group II notes from the man, near BLK 158. After the 3 of us parted ways in different directions, I lingered at the park to try and look at a pretty girl who was running laps. She was in red shorts I think and she had really pretty eyes. Wow.

I really respect runners who bully themselves into getting out of breath and uncomfortable and am impressed because they aren't compelled to do this but instead opt to.
This is what makes me even more taken with the girl I saw then.
Right now, I'm wondering if I should go near there again.
I could schedule my runs to hit that spot...

Was watching some old videos of Arnold Schwarzenegger and bodybuilding, and I can fully understand why some people are repulsed by the thought of such muscle. There's a fine line between aesthetic beauty and overkill. Professional bodybuilding I think has crossed that line.
Functional muscle and most importantly, strength will suffice.
I don't think bodybuilders are better than strong men.
I'm also flummoxed by how girls don't like muscle.
So, you like stick insects?

I'm almost done preaching, but I want to say that I'm not at all surprised that Barack Obama has become the presumptive Democratic nominee for the 2008 Presidential Elections. He is charismatic, and is showing a lot of promise. And he's beaten Hillary. I think even if Hillary's supporters aren't very pleased, they wouldn't give their vote to McCain would they?
I think this year belongs to the Democrats.
I don't like McCain. If I've time to spare, I might listen to his speech on Youtube.

This here is the song playing at the end of Prince Caspian. I really like it and it makes me think of Queen Susan whenever I hear it.

The Call, Regina Spektor



FINIS.

No comments: