Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's unbelievable that I still got time to blog.
I have still things undone, and the reason that I came online was to print stuff and research the dramatic significance of Othello, as I'm not inclined to sieve through the book manually to pull out meanings that may not be as surely there as literature fanatics assert us all.
What do I want to tell the world?

Friday night was probably a good-and-bad night.
Good because it was a decent training, with not only the adults, which made the atmosphere a bit stiff, but also the children from Sunday's class and the BlackBelts Shaun and Glenn back, as well as Dinie, who returned last week. It's kinda nostalgic to see the original line-up in the front leading training to be Dinie, Sensei, Glenn and Shaun. The training was great and the 200 front kicks that concluded the first half was rhythmic and great!

The sparring was excellent. To me.
Ha! Of course, if I'm the one giving the beating.
Went a bit heavier on this TKD dude that now is a Kyokushin yellow-belter. Gave him a punch to his sternum that made him double over gasping. Oops. Actually. It was intentional.
I remember sparring the following people in succession:

Novia: this girl complained last week that I was hard on her. So I pretty much let her kicked me. Conditioning. Good for the bones.
some blue-belt girl: she was really strong. Quite alarming. Did have feeling to her kicks. Considered giving her some back.
white-belt 1: this guy had some martial art training before this. the moment his leg touched me, I knew. So let him hit for a while. Not too shabby. Certainly full of potential. But not honed. I gave him a left roundhouse to his head. Really fast but not fully loaded. His head shifted from the impact some way away. Let him breathe. And asked him if he'd train before. His first answer was 'yes'. Then he shook again to say 'no'. Surely one. Haha. Interesting.
white-belt 2: Nothing special. Let him hit me and politely hit him back. No headshots. Lazy.
yellow belt guy: You should have read the story above?
Han yi: A brownbelt at the time I entered. Returned after several years. Not too bad, but I'm grown already. I'm not easy anymore.
Michael: Love him. He's preparing for his Shodan soon. Bless him. They're all gonna kill him like they killed me. It was normal sparring with him. I know him. That was enough. Axe kick and all, nicely done. But no intention behind the kick.
Glenn: This guy, don't think I've ever went against him before. He was trying to knock me out. Ha! Dream on. Now that i know him. I can beat him. Just wait.
Colin: Nothing much. Old partner.

This isn't a captivating post. I actually got more. But while i was typing half way, somebody committed suicide a block away. First a loud crash, and a police car, another police car and an ambulance. Nobody was in the ambulance when it came out. I'm drawn away from blogging.
Ciao.

No comments: