Saturday, September 8, 2007

8th September

Time and the pace which I work at do not agree. They've never agreed. I'd like to say time is the one that's causing all the havoc and giving me undulated distress, but it isn't. It's actually me, and the way I sway and laze. Have intended September to be full-blown hard-work month. Or at least, the 3 weeks leading up to the Promotional Exams. But intentions, except for murderous ones, count for nothing.

"I intend to do _____," I say.

"I might actually do it, if I were able to well, ah never mind. I think I'm fine staying on this chair/ bed. I'll stay here for a bit and we'll see if I get up. If not, fate is at work," I mean.

Beautiful. Succintly explains my academic misfortune or non-fortune most of my life. This silly quality is imbibed in me and while I hope to get off my buttocks and dive into monotonous hard work (see the negativity obscuring my actually getting on task?), I relax and pray for some unseen brilliance that I'd like to think I have to shine through and help me glide onto JC 2, while I have not known or exemplified the divine word, 'diligence'. Ah. A stranger.


My status(have the stars gauge my progress):
Chemistry: Chemical Kinetics. Some Remnant views about volume ratio=mole ratio-Avogadro's Law (Gases); Some of Organic Chemistry-finding Chirality, Cis-trans isomerism, optical isomerism,functional group isomerism, electrophilic addition and most of Halogenoalkanes....
(*)

Biology: The Cell Division: Interphase, Mitosis, Cytokinesis; and surface value stuff about DNA replication. Nothing else registers. Bare impressions of nervous control, which definitely cannot be brought out under exam conditions.
( )

Math: Basic differentiation, bare minimum of vectors and little else. Seeing that I skidded past my Mid Years. Pathetic. That's the word. And i have to harness all my ineptitudes in Math in an attempt on a pass. That would helpfully propel me to a 2 year and not 3 year education in JC.
( )

Literature: Poem-? I am preferring this sorta holiday, non-contact with Marilyn and poems, which I owe 3 to her, on my last count. Really uplifting. Text, I still need to read and pull out ideas I'm sure Shakespeare, the departed Bard didn't really think up while he was trying to please Queen Elizabeth I, and later King James I and keep his semi-bald head on his shoulders. A pressured touch of coincidence and subconscious brilliance...VOILA!: literature. Lovely.
( )

GP : Erractic. There is little preparation, but to write satisfactory and in seductive hand writing so that the marker might exhibit exuberance in awarding marks to the hard-up kid in me.
( )

Cheerful. Considering I'm approaching the "2 weeks left" mark.

Here follows a part which would be considered uninteresting to those who aren't avid followers of the Martial Arts or the Kyokushin Way.

Karate offers a great outlet.
Yesterday was the first training I ever went back for since my Shodan Upgrading. Was worried that the breathlessness and lag from amassed from the 20 men fight would hit forcefully. It didn't, though it did surface through the Kihon bit.

Sensei was starting to a bit hard on all of us probably because of his Godan Grading at Japan in November, putting us into drill, which made the front row brown belts double over, heaving. Only Dinie, who on this special occasion after a long absence kept his black belt away and wore a white one, next to me. He hadn't been training, but kept through the routine like it was nothing. Basket.

Then afterward, Sensei awarded the junior belts, those who'd taken the grading last last week their new grades and also those of outstanding performance. When Hariz's brother Fariz got his Kyokushin Badge, I was a bit frowning, cause I remembered that I had one too when I was a green belt years ago. That was really a great grading, where my exchange with all the opponents in full-contact Kumite was really impressive. So was a bit mournful.

Then Sensei called me up to give me the second badge in my Kyokushin training. Was very shocked. I remembered being beaten very heavily and hitting the mat at least 6 times when I sparred the 20. But Sensei said that i'd put up a reasonable display and he was pleased. Well. OK!

We had a last sparring, Christopher and I was joyous! Sparring. I had realised that I needed to spar harder in Pasir Ris so that not just me, but all of the rest would have a less difficult time at grading where the professional soldier-typed Gurkhas would be raring to impress Shihan and pummel whoever like bulldozers. So I did go a few notches harder then usual.

Fariz seemed less intimidating after Boon Kit and the fleet of Black Belts that I faced as my 15th, 16th... men. Got him in a clean hit to his face with my left leg. He's still not used to my left jodan mawashi (left high roundhouse kick) which has caught him that way many times. His punches though solid, weren't as impactful and I think my footwork and low kicks were effectual and fancy enough for my liking.

After Fariz I think was Novia, who I went reasonably soft on. She still whines that I hit her hard. I don't think I did. Though my kicks were aimed to sweep her off her feet. Which I think my charm would actually have been enough to. ;)
Harun was cordial when I sparred him and did the spinning wheel kick, which was unsuccessful on all of my attempts. Have been trying to put the move in motion on my opponents, which is a characteristic Kyokushin move, seeing that the hard basketball court floor makes me reluctant to learn the Rolling kick. It was a decent exchange on both sides, I think.

I guided a new girl Blue-Belt, who I hardly hit, but let her 'try' all the moves she could on me. Hmm. After that, Sensei paired me with Dinie, who's instincts and moves were still as good. He went to Japan to fight for Singapore, dammit! But still the same, fast, sleek footed and fluid. Got him really well, but my size lifts the expectations of me. Dinie is really amazing. If I didn't know him, he'd have slot in several headshots that most certainly hurt. To think I was the slight boy that was 'one of' the 20 he fought when he took his Shodan. Still sore over him fighting 20 kids, or he calls it, 'teenagers'.
Did Kata with him and then walked home with him. Something I haven't done in a long time. It was fun. Teasing and being an asshole to each other. Hope he keeps coming.

Need to fight somebody like him.

Ciao.

No comments: