Wednesday, June 20, 2007



Just came back from looking at the blog of a girl I used to be crazy about for the middle bit of my last year in secondary four. Have long moved on, but was noting the peculiar splintering in the directions that we've gone. She's gone on to Temasek Polytechnic,living a flamboyant, colourful livfestyle: movies, restaurants, parties and gatherings and alcohol. Unburdened, carefree, senseless fun, the kinda thing that I'd actually enjoy and like. I think it's what all of us would like. Cast away all concern for the impending future and just leap into fun. Swell.
But the crux is, how will we be like in 10 years' time? Will I still be as envious of her and her crowd, for living the temporal high life that the lax school allows? Or will she stumble onto my blog make a post like this in time to come?
That's something worth thinking about.
But as of now, I remain involuntarily envious of the life that I missed.

The 1 month holiday is drawing to a close and the only thing I can sap satisfaction from is my physical training regime, and small doses of joy from studying and grasping certain bits of biology that I've plunged into. My status now, in view of the Mid-Years: Biology-probably will be my best this round; Chemistry-uncertain, and it really counts on the following few days that I have; Mathematics-I'm most certainly dead. Gone. Splat, no-pulse whole body, ready-for-cremation dead. Literature-the text and the poems that I've ably analyzed, what? 2 months and some time ago seems foreign. Barely registering. The receptors obviously aren't complementary shaped to the strings of Shakespearean ligands.
Falling far away from the goal of H3 Chemistry, that I've boldly set down in, what? March. Ah. I'm still the same, making audacious goals and falling horribly short even when all systems are go.

But then again, my physical is getting better. I'm gratified. I'm happy with my regime and my gains. Feeling sore all over in the right places. Yeeha.
Anyway. For those people working for a solid six-pack abs, DO NOT SLOUCH. Slouching will wipe away 50 mins of hard abs work. And we know most people don't work their abs up to even a fifth of that time. So, sit upright and have your lower back, erector spinae hold up your upper body.

Yesterday, was at Tampines Gym with Jerome.

Did a 3 circuit, 5 exercise Abdominal exercise, before a 10 minute Cardio on the treadmill. Hit a very high speed, though not as insane as Boon Kai's, but high all the same, and was like, able to run forever. Until the stopper came off.

Hopped off to do the Lateral Pulldowns. Started from 60 pounds and did 20 reps. Added 10 pounds, and 15 reps. Did that until 100 pounds,8 reps. Yeah! Forced the same for the underhand grip pulldown. Really happy at the weight I was pulling. The only downside(lol, lat pulldowns) was that my forearms were burning like there was hot poison spreading all over.

Moved on to the Cable Seated Row. Felt a lot action at my back around the spinal area. Did 60 pounds up from 15, 12, then 10 reps and a 30 rep endurance set.

Moved to the underhand grip Bent-Over Row. Picked a heavy barbell of the rack. I think each side was about 7 kilos. And heaved up a 15 rep effort for the first set. Added 2 more plates, and a 12 rep set next. Finished with a 10 rep final work after 2 heavier plates and returned it.

Did the Single Arm Row, but didn't finish well, as there weren't many benches available, or the 14 kilos dumb bell that I wanted... Curses.

Used the smith machine to finish off with a 3 set back hyperextension, using the barbell, from 2 10 kilos plates , to 2 12.5 kilos plates and then to 2 15 kilos plates.

Finished with a 12 minute cardio, with Jerome, and made it past 2.4 quite early, and was almost done, when the stupid stopper came off. I think I'm gonna leave the clip where it is when I go onto the treadmill next time. I don't know how it figures. Always comes off. I think my arm swing was a bit haphazard, 'cause it can't be that i was not running right. I was.

Nice conclusion. In a big fruit, there's always parts that are sweet and parts that're bitter. We can't expect uniform goodness. That's wisdom right there. From me. Wow.

No comments: