Saturday, December 3, 2011

Stole some time to write before I would get ready to leave the house and go for part 2 of the wedding at Four Seasons Hotel's Ballroom.

This is the most happening week in a long time - reporting back to the army, a wedding and my baptism make up one weekend. I do not have time to see the people I love, and for long also because I have been claimed by so many engagements.

I still have to adapt to this foreign pace of things and spend time with the parents, with my brothers in the faith and with Agnes. It does not help that my phone is going to become a dummy phone with no internet capabilities. On that the day in Singtel when I settled for a Blackberry Bold with camera, I suspected I'd feel the backlash on some day. That day is here.

I came across the tagline multiple times, "live fast, die young".
It sounds cool, detached and uninterested. However it is a terrible carelessness and captures the irresponsible living of people who use this as their maxim.

Often, they live to please their own persons and they leave out God. Our lives are not lived for ourselves and our individual pleasures. We live with others, and we live lives before God. We are accountable for how we have lived, why we have lived and if we have known Him and walked in His ways.

Daily, I need to reconfigure my entire person - Who to hope in and what to hope for? Only good things or to continue in Him?

"Am I doing well" - I find it hard to answer this question. There are so many parts of me that are inconsistent and to correctly represent where I am in all these parts is difficult. I am teetering on the edge of sickness, I am hardly mentally sharp and I am not as in shape as I would like.
I am vulnerable to weakness, temptation of all forms and mild depression. But in my living, I have His grace with gives me the ability to go on, because His grace enables me to stand and stand against all these parts that bog me down.

I will do better, because He is still at work to make me like Him. Although it takes time to get to completion or anywhere near.


No comments: