Saturday, August 11, 2007

On a childish, random note, i decided i like to wield thick dark strong smelling markers. The white board marker kind, silver and stubby in length.
Just after i've typed the above sentence, i took off the cap to sniff the delicious smell. And a dab of it got on my nose. Real smart.

Was feeling rotten most of the day and didn't manage to get much work done, but wanted to make a stab at it, so came online. The stab was a half-hearted prod at the document I was trying to produce for PW. Then got hit by a wave of viruses. Somehow. An error surfaced, that prevented me from opening new Windows on my internet explorer. Was at an unpleasant standstill with the computer.

Every time I tried to open a new tab, a prompt would tell me to download something called navcancl. Downloaded it, but still couldn't work. The file was labelled to be corrupt and I couldn't work with IE still. Went to bathe and read the Bible to clear my head. Came back to stare at my miserable last internet window.

Searched for 'navcancl' in Yahoo. Came to the 'navcancl error search results', and got the list of fixes.

If you are also hit by this irritating problem, a guy called Mark offered this. It works.

go to Run and enter:
iexplore.exe -nohome -extoff
and go to
Tools,
Internet Options,
Advanced
Security
check on, Disable Phishing Filter
close Internet Explorer and reopen Internet Explorer.
Fixed.

Hopefully, this helps when I work on my stuffs.
To get back some'o that momentum that I've been missing this whole week.
Conjunctivitis is a frightful predicament. It inflicts pain, severe unease, inabililty to perceive the world and the scant beauty it still has amidst the ugliness, calls for cruel isolation from the rest of humanity, robs me of my will and drive to work.

No comments: