Monday, January 15, 2007

today-the fifteenth day of the first month of the twenty-hundred and seventh year after Christ Jesus was born-was in all a rotten day that would render anyone(of course in this case, me) scowling once they've been through it all.

lets see...homework-undone; biology-frankly, on the homework part, there's already been compromise, and since homework and understanding share a certain correlation, i understand fairly much nothing; canoeing-after glancing(ok more than once) at the newfound biceps after just one Friday, i'm planning to stick with it. But hell, i've a tournament coming on saturday and tournament and fierce training don't go hand in hand in the week leading up to the big day. And now, i've somehow sidelined canoeing, even though my pores are screaming for the 100 push-ups and 3 km run.
Timetabling is bull.Everyday ends definitely after 4 and by the time i earn the privilege to enter the threshold of my humble abode, i;m spent. I resent that. my eyes are a squint now. Issuing beams of hate and anger and pretty much everything that brings along with it the heinous heart disease. (sidetrack: I realised that a lot of buggers die in their sleep. Young, not-so-young-but-still-quite-young, and the fit and very fit ones too. Unknown heart defect eh. Dreadful.)

and today, at the side gate of tampjc, while i was waiting for dan, i met my prospective canoeing seniors. The J2s. the first guy who said hi was a short but lean guy. He probably remembered me cos they perceived me to be highly enthused and i was running directly behind him and was adding to the atmosphere with a whole waffle of elegant baloney(=crap). His brudder saw that my left collar had two pins. One was the 75th Anniversary Button Hole badge and the other was the Founder's Collar pin. And so he saw and his face turned sorta like-when-you-see-the-girl-you-like-holding-hands-with-another-guy kinda nasty look.

He: why are u wearing the founder's pin.
(for God's sake, its called the FOUNDER'S COLLAR PIN BADGE, you A-hole)

me: ?
He: I think its ridiculous.
me: ! What coy u frm.
He: 49th.
me: @#$^$!
(I was shocked and speechless:nab!I spilled my guts over and over again for four years and you say that to my face!?I-)

Ridiculous!? I've been having that badge on my collar since August 2006, and it was on me when i went through the entire O-freaking-levels, you sonofaGODforsakenedfemalecaninewithsaggytitties.
It was on me when I wore that faded white uniform and it stays on me with my uniform.
Like-who the hell are you!? Especially the effing fortyniners!What-best coy and you earn the right to come and bark up this tree? I've seen the whole lot of you-weak,fat inbeciles who are actually quitters and nasty trickters(i haven't, and i believe wilson hasn't either on how you tricked us during NBQ). who can't take a little canoeing session and leave thereafter.
And just because you're an Old Boy you can point at me and say i can't display my four years of work by having a small bronze bit of metal smaller than my thumb on my shirt collar?
Go eff yourself.
The Founder's Badge is something i never dared to dream of, and when it came to me after all my work, its something im proud of and some mothereffing bugger comes arnd to diss me off by labelling a little adornment on my uniform to be "ridiculous".
Go eff yourself.

I wonder if he's in the canoeing lot. He'll get it from me, that i promise. Motherf*****.Scum.

That aside, at least from this day, there remains one strand of thing i find cheerful.
HER. I don't know her name. Yes-that happens, goddamit. Lazy to go arnd and find out. (that happens, all you symphathisers). CHIJ St Nicks.
Hmmm. I only realised she's the one I've been sharing a ride to school with. (public transport, actually.) Her with her delightful earrings and hair with a bit of wild-looking ponytail. Swooning. She was also at the canoeing tryout. goodness, her smile looked good. More than good man-I keep inclining my head at her, trying to keep it discreet.
I think the Chinese language has a term for what she looks like, but i'm not able to produce that in chinese characters though.
And when ever she laughed at what i said in the water, my goodfeel bloats up. My goodness. Can't hold on to so much joy.
And in tampjc, a place so huge, with so many variations in the timetables( obviously we're in different CGs), it's amazing how can you meet anyone familiar unless you sms that foo to hook up with him/her. And it must be a designated meeting point too! And i have no idea how i manage to see her what-3times today.
1) While entering the Courtyard-her bright blue uniform and her features leapt out at me. i love the eye contact. was too far to say something-anything. A wink would have missed and fallen harmfully onto another girl.
2) At the school canteen-she was hovering around the place i sat with her girlfriends. i like the look of gentle recognition on her face.
3) Outside the general office-both looking at the Chinese class allocation. she was there, and completely heading in a different direction. I turned to talk to my buddy and when i turned again, she breezed past me, instead of taking a path with a vast open space, she took the one between me and the small corridor. Dammit.

I'm charmed. I must say, stop it girl.
The words-"i want to make you mine" no longer seem cliche or corny. They're apt.
No longer angry now. At least can't be while she's Queen over my thoughts, and still reigning.
Can almost visualise her with a crown and all. Beautiful.
I do so much want to feel your warmth beside me on the cold bus that turns from our street into the surge of traffic. And I can draw you close when you tell me you feel the cold. And we drive the cold away, and share laughs at the wisps of fading icy tendrils that you say are beautiful.

No comments: