Thursday, January 1, 2009

I have been meaning to review 2008 for a bit, but still am late.
My punctuality (lack thereof) is a growing problem, and most friends have had a taste of it.
I have concluded that my detachment from the company has culminated in an untamedness disciplinary-wise, and am pretty sure that enlistment will phase out all of my slothiness.

I look forward to shaving my head, and pairing up with a mob of pungent males.
I look forward to long marches, soggy and smelly feet, and caressing my rifle, unnecessary activities and movements, and extremely early mornings.
Yet while belonging to one of the few who can live through an intermission before enlisting, I have the added woe of determining how to spend my time.

It's pretty subjective in labelling any year, or any thing really as 'good' or 'lousy' because our persons live out the same days differently.

2008 has been pivotal for Song Leng, however.
It has been a very rich year. Not economically of course, quite the opposite in that sense.

I have had many more laughs and many more woes, bouts of distress and etcetera.
I have cemented friendships, forged new relationships and learned new things and undergone a major upheaval as to what I thought I already knew.

"The righteous live by faith"-We only are righteous by virtue of our faith and we live and are faithful only by God's mercy, permission and provision.

I've rediscovered what's important, and although my answer will make people cringe or flush, I will stand by it. Jesus is most important. 18th October was a monumental date when God began to work on me.

I understood the difference between lust and love.
Lust is physical. Love is personal. Lust desires and pines. Love accepts and encompasses. Lust destroys, Love heals. Lust weakens, Love empowers.

Love is something we claim we know and believe we live out, but we actually don't.
Whatever relationship most people have now, it hardly can be Love. God's love for us, parental love, and the bond between man and wife in a real marriage (not Hollywood pairings) are real models of Love.

The world is often driven by self-interest. To do otherwise will mean that you have to suffer. And yet this is what Christians are called to do in suffering like our Lord also did when He was here.

I can no longer say I'm growing up. Rather, I'm getting old. Some person said this, and I might have said it before. We begin dying the moment we live. Since the sand in the hour-glass is running out, are we to try and live as rampantly and uncontrolledly before time is up, or should we behave in a manner worthy of Christ.

I've moved from being aggressive to being something mild in my temperament, where Crystal pointed out that I was an angry person. Ah, Crystal is a real brick. She infuriates me, and I infuriate her in return. We incite each other to think, which is precious. I treasure her company a lot.

Derek and Hakim, who are sensitive males that I'm close with, have been with me through fun and distress and also romance, though not with each other though.
Kah Kee and Zicong are dependable exercise partners; Jeremy and Dickson promise fun most times.

I have a store of new statements that I want to meditate on and develp into .
Like: People are just hiccups in one another's lives.
I might pursue the opponent of that statement and say too: People are like gum, which sticks to u, and when you remove them, a considerable blob of the gum will still remain; when u try to remove it with a tough chemical, you burn your flesh.

I will work on it, and hopefully it will make me a Nobel laureate for my revolutionary achievement.

But one thing I am sure of, People do impact one another and induce some change. But God rules over all of it and works mostly.
Just came off chatting with Ke Yi online. At risk of sounding non-masculine, it was heart-warming. It validates the above observation I just made. I've really enjoyed her abuse and will miss her and her treatment of me now on.

It makes me pretty sad to admit that the simplicity of last time will not be lived out again. I will miss this kind of life, way of living. It's already passed.
In Mandarin-"There is no banquet that goes on forever."

I will miss/ I already miss:

  • The TKD bunch who change in the toilets next to the AVA room on Mondays;
  • Being sheer lazy in TKD with Zhan Yi and co;
  • The abuse I get from females who I suspect actually really adore me-a long list;
  • The first JC 1 Orientation, which to me was pretty perfect because of the thrill and the people;
  • The class gatherings, chalets, BBQ and games at those occasions;
  • Pre-U Seminar with Derek in the carpark;
  • The long bus ride on 5 with Hakim;
  • Walking to college with Crystal;
  • Running with my sister to Changi Village;
  • Chinese New Year;
  • Prom and especially shopping for clothes for it;
  • Being in the classroom, canteen, in the food queue, in the Lecture Theatre; and so much more.
I don't often like to reminisce, because it opens me up to a peculiar feeling which I find will hampers my rational thought process. I prefer to let it slide.

The Bible is God's word, and our directory for living.

ACCOLADE
Best movie of the year: "The Dark Knight"
People who've impressed me: Heath Ledger
Usain Bolt
Michael Phelps

New Year Resolution:
To live by the Spirit and in obedience.
To love.

No comments: